main img main img main img main img main img main img main img main img

Modern Era

 

The small port of Hersonissos was used by the Greek captains in order to supply the revolutionaries (1866 - 69 and 1897 - 98) with weapons, food and medicine. The same port was later used for commercial purposes, mainly for the exportation of local goods (such as olive oil, leather, ect.) and the importation of other goods from Greece. Hersonissos quickly developed from 1960 and on. Today, it is widely known as a cosmopolitan tourist center, one of the most famous in the Mediterranean.

 

COPYRIGHT © ΔΉΜΟΣ ΧΕΡΣΟΝΉΣΟΥ